COSMEDICON 2019 WORKSHOPS
Laser and IPL Officer Training Certification
Trainer: Elissa O’Keefe, Managing Director, Bravura
Sunday 17th March, 10am - 5pm
YOUR LASER SAFETY SOLUTION
We are delighted to be partnering with Bravura Education for this laser safety workshop. This course is suitable for anyone who operates a laser or intense pulsed light (IPL) or who is taking on the responsibility of being a laser safety officer no matter what health environment they work within. It is for beginners or as a refresher.
Places are limited!
Who is it for? GPs, doctors, nurses, beauty therapists and other dermal clinicians or skin therapists, chiropractors, physiotherapists.
OPERATIONAL CHARACTERISTICS OF LASERS
- Generation of the laser beam and propagation of light
- Characteristics of lasers and the laser beam
- Properties of different types of lasers
- Optical pathways
- Delivery systems and applicators/including IPL
- Laser controls, e.g. power/pulse/time settings, emergency control and delivery systems.
- Laser-tissue interactions
- Particular hazards of delivery systems
- Ocular and skin hazards
- Patient-specific hazards
- Reflected beam hazards
- Laser plume hazards
- Hazards related to anaesthesia and management of the shared airway
- Fire, explosion, electrical and environmental hazards.
PRINCIPLES AND PROCEDURES FOR SAFE LASER USE
- Standards, regulations and guidelines
- Laser classification and hazard analysis
- Audit of laser facilities
- Laser controls in health care facilities
- Examples of safe practice and programs
- Equipment inspection (quality assurance) protocols
- Investigation and management of laser accidents/incidents
- Eye protection and protective eyewear
- Potential for fire and explosion and protection against flammability hazards
- Management of airborne contaminants (laser plume)
- Electrical safety
- Laser controlled areas—designation, warning signs, entry controls, control of access to the laser
- Hazards of particular procedures
- Role and responsibilities of an LSO.
Mode of delivery: Face to face, classroom style
Investment of time: Sunday 17th March. 10am start-5pm. Six hours face to face attendance. Assessment is a two-hour, online, open book exam done in your own time.
Trainers: The course is taught by an AHPRA registered and clinically current RN with post-graduate qualifications that include a Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment and laser safety certification and who is cognisant of the AUS/NZ standard 4173 for laser and intense light systems.
What you will get: Education by a highly experienced clinician, the opportunity to network with peers, a workbook, access to the online exam, a certificate of completion. Course fees include lunch and morning tea.
Venue: InterContinental Hotel in Sydney’s Double Bay. Free street parking is available.
Accreditation: This laser/IPL safety course can be used as the laser safety education evidence for a license application to Queensland Radiation Health (ED255), Government of Western Australia Radiological Council and the Tasmanian Government Radiation Protection Unit.
This laser safety course meets eight hours of continuing professional development (CPD) when applied according to relevant AHPRA guidelines. Continuing professional development is the means by which members of the profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives.
NOTE: THIS COURSE FORMS PART OF THE LASER SAFETY EDUCATIONAL EVIDENCE REQUIRED FOR LASER APPLICATIONS IN QUEENSLAND, WESTERN AUSTRALIA AND TASMANIA. IT IS NOT A LICENCE.
Thursday, 14 March
Friday, 15 March
Breakfast Workshop - Aptos Threads
- Keynote Addresses
- Area Specific Techniques for Rejuvenation
- Novel Uses of Lasers & EBD
TRADE EXHIBIT OPEN
Red Carpet Gala Dinner
Saturday, 16 March
Breakfast Workshop - MINT Threads
- The Big Issues - Patient Safety
- Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation Techniques
- Minimally Invasive Facial Rejuvenation Techniques
- Laser, EBD and Body Shaping
TRADE EXHIBIT OPEN
Sunday, 17 March
Need more information?
If you wish to sponsor or exhibit at Cosmedicon 2019, or if you wish to present on the Scientific Program and you require more information, use the details below or the contact form to the right to get in touch.