Bella Media ("Bella Media" "us" or "we") are the organisers of COSMEDICON 2021.
Associated Third Parties means individuals, companies and other entities with whom we work to provide products and Services (for example, companies offering products related to our services or other service providers).
Personal Information has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act.
Related Entities has the same meaning as under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Services means the services we provide in our business from time to time.
Social Networking Sites means any social networking sites operated or utilised by us.
The meaning of any general language is not restricted by any accompanying example and the words 'includes', 'including', 'such as', 'for example' or similar words are not words of limitation.
When you interact with Bella Media through the Services we provide, we may collect Personal Information from you, that is necessary for us to undertake our business and perform our functions and activities. If we do not do so or if the information is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to undertake our business or the standard and quality of our business may be compromised. Although not an exhaustive list, the Personal Information we collect may include:
Event Organisers & Suppliers (Clients)
Bella Media collects Personal Information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you register for access to the Services, contact us with inquiries or use certain Services. The Personal Information we may collect includes without limitation your name, email address, telephone numbers, address and other personally identifiable information. In some cases we may collect your credit card information to allow you to pay for the Services.
How do we collect the Personal Information?
In addition to the sources described above, we may also collect Personal Information:
• from online directories;
• from debt collection agencies in the event of a default in a payment to us;
• through our websites and any Social Networking Sites we utilise;
• through our Related Entities;
• from you subscribing to receive alerts, announcements, brochures or information from us or from filling in forms, questionnaires, applications or requests for information on Website or as requested by us;
• from third parties including Associated Third Parties;
• when you contribute material or data to our website or to use for use in our business;
• when you use our Services;
• if you apply for employment with us from your application and resume and during any other parts of the recruitment process;
• from publicly available sources of information;
• from our records of how you engage with us and our business; or
• when we are required to do so by law.
If at any time you supply Personal Information to us about any other person, you represent and we accept that information solely on the basis that you are authorised to do so and that the relevant person has consented to the disclosure to us.
If you access our websites or any mobile applications ("apps"), we may collect additional Personal Information about you including:
• server address / IP address;
• top level domain eg .com, .gov, org, .com.au
• date and time of visit;
• pages visited;
• documents downloaded and accessed;
• the site you visited prior to visiting our website;
• the site you visited after visiting our website;
• the browser that you are using to access our website;
• if you have visited our website before;
• tracking user preferences;
• location data.
Dealing with Personal Information
• to undertake our business and provide you with services and information;
• to manage and keep our websites and any Social Networking Sites we utilise up to date and operational;
• to disclose information to debt collection agencies to recover amounts owed to us;
• to undertake direct marketing;
• to contact you for the purpose of undertaking surveys and research;
• for the purpose indicated to you at the time we collected your Personal Information;
• to verify your identity or conduct appropriate checks in connection with your interaction with us and our business including when you register or log into our websites;
• to process your inquiries;
• to provide and administer our services in connection with our business or services of third parties;
• to comply with and monitor compliance with our contractual, regulatory and other legal obligations including applicable codes and guidelines;
• to monitor use, infrastructure quality and performance and operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure;
• to access to system information or information about new or upgraded products;
• to disclose to your authorised representatives or advisers, or when you ask us to do so;
• to develop and improve our business and the services we provide;
• to protect and enforce our legal rights;
• to protect and defend our, or our employees, users and clients' rights or property including against fraudulent or unlawful use of our websites and our intellectual property;
• to commercialise, exploit and protect our intellectual property;
• process payments;
• to recruit employees, contractors and consultants;
• to invite you to attend programs and events;
• to engage in research and development;
• to invite you to provide services to us;
• to provide you with information on offers, products and services offered by us or our Related Entities;
• to send you information about our activities, Services or business;
• to notify you about changes to our business, Services and websites; and
• to the extent permitted at law, for other purposes for which you have provided your express or implied consent.
Our functions and activities may change from time to time.
If at any time you no longer wish to receive any additional marketing material from us or do not want your information disclosed for direct marketing or survey purposes, contact our Privacy Officer and we will remove your details from our marketing database.
Dislcosing Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in certain circumstances including:
• if you agree to the disclosure;
• where required for our operational purposes;
• for the primary purpose for which it was collected, e.g. to provide you with Services or to facilitate the provision of those Services to you;
• to our Associated Third Parties including service providers and business partners;
• where you would reasonably be expected to consent to information of that kind being passed to a third party (for example where you have requested information, products or services from them);
• where disclosure is required or permitted by law, by court order or to investigate suspected fraud or other unlawful activity;
• to conduct promotions or competitions in connection with our business;
• where it is required to be disclosed for audit purposes;
• to our Related Entities;
• if disclosure will prevent or lessen a serious or imminent threat to someone's life or health;
• if applicable, to fraud checking agencies;
• in connection with obtaining protection for intellectual property, commercialising or exploiting our intellectual property;
• to parties involved in corporate transactions in which we are involved or may be involved in the future;
• to comply with and monitor compliance with our contractual, regulatory, governmental and other legal obligations;
• to third parties to assist us in carrying out the above purposes; or
• otherwise as authorised by law.
Onward transfer outside your country of residence.
Personal Information you provide to us may be stored on servers in countries other than Australia, for example, through a cloud service provider.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to bodies located overseas including but not limited to partners, service providers and regulatory authorities.
While we have privacy rules in place to protect your Personal Information, the overseas recipient may not be subject to privacy obligations or to any principles similar to the Australian Privacy Principles. The overseas recipient may also be subject to a foreign law which could compel disclosure of Personal Information to a third party, for example, an overseas authority.
If you consent to the disclosure and the overseas recipient handles the information in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act, may not be able to seek redress in the overseas jurisdiction and we will not be accountable under the Privacy Act.
By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to us using and disclosing your Personal Information off-shore.
If at any time you wish to withdraw your consent, contact our Privacy Officer. However, we may not be able to provide the services or information you have requested in whole or in part or those services or information may be compromised.
Integrity and access
Bella Media will endeavour to protect the confidentiality of its client's information, account information and personal communications to the fullest extent possible and consistent with the law and the legitimate interests of Bella Media, its partners, its resellers, its employees and other clients of Bella Media. To protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of information that is collected from clients, Bella Media has physical, electronic, and managerial security procedures in place.
Considerations when you send information to us electronically
While we do all we reasonably can to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including investing in security software, no data transfer over the internet is 100% secure. The open nature of the internet is such that information exchanged via the internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you send us any information, including (without limitation) Personal Information, it is sent at your own risk.
If you access another website from our websites, you do so and provide Personal Information in accordance with the terms and conditions under which the provider of that website operates.
Modification of client information
You may request access to your Personal Information or correct any inaccurate or out of date information (including unsubscribing from any mail lists) by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details below or by updating your information by logging into the iVvy software
You may request the source of any information we collect from a third party. We will provide this at no cost, unless under the Privacy Act or other law there is a reason for this information being withheld.
If there is a reason under the Privacy Act or other law for us not to provide you with information, we will give you a written notice of refusal setting out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent it would be unreasonable or unlawful to do so) and advise you of the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
Retention and Deletion
Bella Media may retain your Client Information as long as you continue to use the Services. It may also be necessary for us to retain your Personal Information to comply with applicable law, guidelines, codes or regulatory requirements. You may close your account by contacting us. Even if we delete your Information it may persist on backup or archival media and other information systems.
Third party websites
If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective.
Dealing with a complaint
If you make a complaint about a privacy matter, our Privacy Officer will respond as soon as possible (but within 14 days) and advise you who in our company will have responsibility for investigating and managing your complaint.
We will try to resolve your complaint within 30 days of receiving it. If this is not possible, we will contact you and provide you with an estimate of the time it will take to investigate and manage the complaint.
Our Privacy Officer
You should contact our Privacy Officer if:
• you believe someone has gained access to your Personal Information;
• you think that your account number, username or password have been compromised (in which case you should also immediately change your password); or
• you believe we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way;
• you have any concerns over the protection of the Personal Information you have given to us or that we have collected from others.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Suite 2201, Westfield Tower 2
101 Grafton St
Bondi Junction NSW 2022
More information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Post: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Contact COSMEDICON 2021
Use the details below or the contact form to the right to get in touch.